The product has unique characteristics to ensure potable water quality regardless of the level of contamination.
Rubicon is unique in its chemistry as it contains none of the conventional chemicals and is totally free from chlorine, bromine, iodine, ferric chloride, colloidal silver etc. In addition to its excellent disinfection characteristics it also contains flocculation properties which ensures clean drinking water
It is much safer than chlorine in the destruction of spores, bacteria, viruses, fungi and the most common pathogen organisms and also destroys phenols of which certain strains are immune to chlorine. There is a 100% kill rate on highly contaminated cholera water.
Rubicon does not create THM’s (Trihalomethanes) HAA’s (Haloacetic acid) or other disinfection by product’s (DBP’s), and is not affected by photo-decomposition, temperature and aeration.
The product is non-toxic, fast dissolving, odourless & tasteless, environmentally friendly and is a powerful oxidizer and sanitizer with excellent flocculation characteristics.
A report published recently in the medical journal “The Lancet” concluded that poor water sanitation and a lack of safe drinking water takes a greater human toll than war, terrorism and weapons of mass destruction combined.
That’s over 330,000 people a month
…10,000 people a day
…400 people each hour
…over 7 people a minute
… and one person every 8 seconds!
Effective treatment against
- Most bacteria
- Most viruses
- Most pathogens
- Typhoid fever
- Bird Flu H5N1 virus
- Aphtho virus
- Swine fever virus
- Doughnut-shaped viruses
- Bursal viruses
- Corona virus
- Herpes virus
- Adeno virus
- Respiratory syncytial virus
- Entero virus
- Herpes of mouth virus
- Epidemic haemorrhagic fever virus
Certificates and approvals (copies available on request)
1. Tshwane University of Technology – Oxygen based water disinfectant, killing of E.Coli within 20 minutes of contact
2. South African Department of Health – Disinfectant Cholera treatment, effective eradication of cholera bacteria
3. CSIR – treatment of Vibrio Cholera bacteria
4. India Department of Health – Disinfectant Cholera treatment, eradication of cholera (tests conducted on Raw Water and Filtered Water)